Achieving the overarching objectives of the project relies on the successful accomplishment of the following specific objectives:
- To develop an innovative cycle concept, specifically tailored to the proposed working fluid, which can achieve a thermomechanical conversion efficiency higher than 50%;
- To develop and demonstrate innovative heat exchangers, in particular air-cooled condensers, which can fully exploit the properties of the new working fluid;
- To develop innovative turbomachinery designs achieving high efficiency when operating with the new working fluid across the range of anticipated variable operating conditions.
- To develop and demonstrate a cost-effective air condenser technology with 20% lower costs, working with the proposed working fluid blends while allowing fluid condensation at typical CSP locations;
- To develop and demonstrate innovative and cost-effective heat exchangers with 10% lower costs for the selected CO2 blends. Environmental and social objectives:
- To reduce the carbon footprint of the innovative power plant by 33% against state-of-the-art commercial CSP plants and other competitive renewable technologies;
- To assess and quantify the economic and social impact of the technology